The Information Systems group is often contacted by industrial organizations with assignments that could lead to student projects at various levels (master thesis project, bachelor completion project, etc.) Through this website we make these topics available to our students. In this post, we announce one such project, involving company:
Medify aims to improve communication standards in the medical sector by generating insight through visualization. We focus on visual engagement solutions for the healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical devices markets. We deliver in all kind of computer generated imagery (CGI) solutions, from high resolution stills and animations up to augmented reality and interactive experience solutions.
MEDICAL EXPERIENCE FOR HEALTHCARE
Due to the combination of our in-house developed ‘Medical Experience framework’, 3D visualization expertise and your participation, we are able to bring patient understanding to the next level. With the framework’s flexibility and toolset we are able to easily create specific interactive ‘experiences’ by changing the content (textual and audio-visual information).
The Medical Experience:
- Improves the standard in patient communication
- Gives insight at almost any intellectual level
- Support patients upfront, during and after patient counselling
- Patients can review and recall information at home
- Patient can share information with relatives
Medical Experience set-ups are developed with patients and HCPs, generates unique link per patient for communication with the hospital, can be presented in different languages and is easy accessible as it works on all devices and browsers (HTML).
Explorative Cardiology & Urology Medical Experience screenshots
Currently we help hospitals with explorative and step-wise applications, to inform patients upfront, during and after counselling about conditions and procedures. In practice use of step-wise procedural applications resulted in:
- Improved patient understanding
- 50% up to 80% counselling time reduction
Each specific procedural experience is a patient journey to experience a treatment upfront.
Please check out our digital patient counselling experiences and the way it is used in hospitals on:
Currently our applications are used in the following hospitals:
- Amsterdam Academisch medisch centrum (AMC)
- Vrije universiteit Amsterdam medisch Centrum (VUmc)
- Medisch Centrum Alkmaar (MCA)
- Jeroen Bosch ziekenhuis (JBZ)
- Radboud medisch mentrum
- Universitair medisch centrum Groningen (UMCG)
- Onze lieve vrouwen gasthuis (OLVG)
- Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg (ZOL, Belgium)
The Medical Experience is seen as a successfully implemented e-health solution. We won several awards and do research continuously to improve digital counselling solutions for patients. Despite these successes we have to fight every day. Actually we just made our first steps…. It would be great if you can participate!
We do have several possibilities for an internship
- Process optimization regarding overall application implementation process
- Time reduction analysis for hospitals
- Make us a NEN 7510 company
Next to your research you ask you help us with our daily business activities.
If it seems interesting for you please apply for an internship, and bring us yourself, your knowledge and ideas. Please let us know what your interest would be. Contact for more information: Rik Eshuis